Fort Santa Juana de Guadalcazar is a National Monument. Represents another one of the defensive fortress of the the Bio-Bío river line. Founded in 1626 by Luis Fernandez de Cordova y Arce, it was destroyed several times. In the reconstruction of 1739 it was surrounded with pits, turning it in island, with a steep wall of hexagonal stone and a bridge of access. At the moment, it is being restored by the University of Concepción. On its interior is the the Pozada of the Corregidor restaurant, with specialty in typical meals. Visits can be made every day from 9:30 to 23:00 in summer and from 9:30 to 20 hours in winter. The entrance is free.
** Information related to Hours, Rates and Dates might change without any previous notice **